Info Agency Main Banner Content
The Victim Services division administers funding to programs throughout the state that provide a variety of direct services to crime victims based on specific needs.
Services are defined as efforts that respond to the emotional and physical needs of crime victims, assist primary and secondary victims of crime to stabilize their lives after victimization, assist victims to understand and participate in the criminal justice system, and provide victims of crime with a measure of safety and security. The division awards federal dollars to these programs from the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) and Office on Violence Against Women (OVW).
The following is a list of funding streams administered by the Victim Services division:
- Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA)
- Domestic Violence Prevent and Treatment (DVPT)
- Domestic Violence portion of the Social Services Block Grant (SSBG through the Department of Child Services)
- Sexual Assault Victims Assistance Fund (SAVAF)
- Sexual Assault Services Program (SASP)
- Sexual Assault Services portion of the Public Health and Human Services Block Grant (SAS through the Indiana State Department of Health)
- Services, Officers, Training, Prosecution (STOP)
- Victims of Crime Act (VOCA)