Information for Veterinarians
To serve veterinarians better, the Indiana State Board of Animal Health (BOAH) would like more information about your area(s) of interest and practice. This survey will help us direct information that is most helpful or of interest to you. Click here to take the survey
Indiana EEE Survey
This survey is designed to be a surveillance tool to assist public health in responding to the presence of EEE in the environment in Northern Indiana.
Certificates of Veterinary Inspection
Interstate and Export Travel
Please review specific requirements by country and species before calling/submitting.
INTERNATIONAL EXPORTS: USDA Veterinary Services has protocols for moving animals out of the United States. USDA offers three methods to submit export certificates for approval:
- Electronic: (NOTE: This will eventually be the only method for submission.)
USDA APHIS online Veterinary Export Health Certification System (VEHCS)
- Mail: Include a return, prepaid FedEx, UPS, etc. envelope, and send to:
USDA, APHIS, VS, Veterinary Export Trade Services
12927 Stonecreek Drive
Pickerington, OH 43147
- In Person: By appointment ONLY at an office near you.
USDA Offices Endorsing Export Papers
NOTE: In person appointments are currently not available.
For directions on how to fill out international export papers and where to send international export papers to be signed by a USDA veterinarian contact Ohio's USDA export office at: 614-856-4735
Earn free continuing education credit by viewing videos on BOAH's YouTube channel and take the quiz for each video.
BOAH manages a roster of veterinarians and other personnel across Indiana who are part of the Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps (VMRC)/Animal Surveillance Emergency Response Team (ASERT). Learn more about this program at: www.in.gov/boah/disaster-preparedness-overview/
Veterinary clinics should follow the sharp disposal guidelines for human supplies. A guidance brochure is available online at: www.in.gov/isdh/files/med-govt.pdf.
Opioids and Veterinary Medicine
- The Opioid Epidemic: What Veterinarians Need to Know (FDA)
- Indiana's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (INSPECT)
- Veterinary Opioid Education in Indiana (IVMA)
- Controlled Substance Disposal (U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration)
Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Information
- VFD Requirements for Veterinarians
- VFD Requirements for Producers
Questions about VFDs: Contact FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine: AskCVM@fda.hhs.gov