Planning Grants are funded with Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) dollars from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The goal of the program is to encourage communities to plan for long-term community development. Community leaders can apply for projects relating to such issues as infrastructure, downtown revitalization, and community facilities. To be competitive, projects must demonstrate:
- They meet a goal of the Federal Act;
- The particular planning initiative addresses established long-term community priorities;
- The funds granted will have a significant impact on the overall project;
- The community has a strong commitment to the project; and
- The project is ready to proceed upon the grant being awarded and will be completed within 12 months.
- If you have any questions on the Planning Grant program then please contact your Community Liaison.
Click HERE for the Community Liaison district map and their contact information.
Click on the link below to access the Planning Grant application:
Comprehensive Plans_OCRA Technical Requirements
Downtown Revitalization Plans_OCRA Technical Requirements
Economic Development Plans_OCRA Technical Requirements
Historic Preservation Plans_OCRA Technical Requirements
Community Facilities Plans OCRA Technical Requirements
Conservancy District Plans_DNR Guidelines
Master Parks Plans_DNR Guidelines
Environmental Assessment Plans Technical Requirements
Dams and Levees Plans OCRA Technical Requirements
USDA/EPA/HUD Preliminary Engineering Report Template
Stormwater Plans OCRA Technical Requirements
Water Plans OCRA Technical Requirements
Wastewater Plans OCRA Technical Requirements
Water and Sewer System Plans_RUS Bulletin 1780-2 (revised April 2013)
Storm Drainage Plans_RUS Bulletin 1780-5