Service Fees and Fines
- Members of the public doing research within the Indiana State Library can make scans from microfilm free of charge
- Photocopies and printing: $0.25 per page (b&w only, color not available)
Staff Assisted Service (50 page maximum)
- If the staff of the Indiana State Library provides on-site photocopying (manuscripts, fragile materials, etc.) the cost is $0.50 per page.
- Requests to be sent via email or post:
- 1-10 pages: $5
- 11+ pages: $0.50 per page
- Obituaries$5 per obituary
- Oversized Scans, larger than 11x17, are $10 per scan (+$2.00 if file must be put on CD)
- Photographsare $5 per scan
For specialized digitization requests please contact the collection supervisor
High Resolution files from items within Indiana Memory
- Maps and broadsides: $10 per scan (+$2.00 if file must be put on CD)
State Employees and Public Librarians
- There is no charge for copies or scans made for State Employees when the request supports their work with the State of Indiana.
- Public Librarians may have free copies and scans for their professional development.
The Indiana State Library reserves the right to restrict permission to make photocopies based on condition of the material.
NOTICE WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Last Updated 12-2-2015