Hoosier Women Artists
The Hoosier Women Artists annual competition was established to celebrate Women’s History Month and highlight talented female artists throughout Indiana. The contest celebrates the wide variety of graphic arts including drawing, painting and photography. Past entries have included – but are not limited to – portraits, landscapes, still lifes, animals, buildings and abstracts. Honorees of the Hoosier Women Artists Contest will have their artwork displayed in the Indiana statehouse for one year. *Please note the reception date and time change
|Application open||Thursday, January 4, 2018|
|Application closes||Friday, January 26, 2018|
|Artists notified of selection||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|Hoosier Women Artists Reception||Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Submit one entry per artist to be considered
- Framed wall art only (must be able to hang on a wall)
- Maximum dimensions (including frame): 42”x60”
- Maximum weight: 60 lbs
- Must be installation ready, including hanging wires
Artistic Quality: Does the artwork demonstrate artistic skill and expertise?
Visual Impression: Is the artwork appropriate for public display, striking, memorable and does it have the power to "wow" viewers?
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted online only via the Indiana Arts Commission Online Application Portal.
- Applicants will need to create a username and password and select Hoosier Women Artists as the program name.
- Physical artwork should not be submitted for judging.
- It will be the artist’s responsibility to pick up materials if submitted.
- Q: Are there age restrictions?
- A: We welcome submissions from all ages, however the pieces will be reviewed and selected based on the same criteria, there is no consideration for age groups.
- Q: Are there any exceptions to the artwork being framed?
- A: We are able to accept submission of artwork that is not framed, but is able and ready to hang on a wall.
- Q: If my piece is chosen, when does it need to arrive at the Statehouse?
- A: The artwork would need to arrive before or on the morning of March 6, 2018 for display at the celebration (the art is placed on easels during the event ahead of being hung in the various offices.)
- Q: If my piece is chosen, how long will it be on display?
- A: The time commitment is for one year (March 2018 - March 2019)
- Q: I'm a previous honoree and need to pick up my artwork. Who do I contact?
- Contact the office that your work is being displayed in.