"I am excited to invite all Hoosier women from across the state, and across every walk of life, to submit their artwork. There is no better way to tell the story of our great state than through the eyes and artistic expression of Indiana's women, their unique perspectives, interests, and personal experiences," said Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch. ”I want to personally reach out and include women whose experiences may include the challenges of a disability, domestic violence, addiction, incarceration, or homelessness…this competition welcomes all Hoosier women with open arms.”
The 2017 HWA contest is open for submissions from Monday, March 20th - Wednesday April 19th.
2017 Time Frame:
- March 21 - competition formally announced (online submission portal opens)
- April 19 - deadline for submission
- May 5 - artists notified of selection
- May 19 - 2017 Hoosier Women Artists celebration at the Indiana Statehouse (11am - 12pm)
- Submit one entry per artist to be considered
- Framed wall art only
- Maximum dimensions (including frame): 42”x60”
- Maximum weight: 60 lbs
- Must be installation ready, including frame and hanging wires
- Submissions will be made at the Indiana Arts Commission Portal
- Applicants will need to create a username and password and select Hoosier Women Artists as the program name.
- Actual artwork should not be submitted for judging. It will be the artist’s responsibility to pick up materials if submitted.
- Deadline for submitting applications is 5:00pm EST on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Late entries will not be considered.
2016 Hoosier Women Artists
- Traditionally, artists have been asked to allow us to enjoy the work up until the week or so before the next year's celebration. However, with the expanded time frame this year, we understand your commitment was through March of 2017, so if you need to pick up your piece before May, you are welcome to do so.
- Please contact Emily Duncan at email@example.com or 317-471-9048 to make arrangements.
- Past Hoosier Women Artists are welcome to submit artwork in the 2017 competition.