NEDSS Base System (NBS)
A Joint System for ERC, TB, and STD
The NEDSS Base System (NBS) is an electronic disease reporting and case management platform supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In 2017, the Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention, and Tuberculosis programs at the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) plan to transition their individual electronic disease surveillance and monitoring systems to the centralized NBS system.
All updates regarding the new system can be found on this page, including general information about the NBS system, ISDH plans for rollout and training, and other information for users.
Latest News and Announcements
- CDC NBS Website
- NBS Frequently Asked Questions
- National Demo Website (not specific to Indiana): http://nbsdemo.sramanaged.com/nbs/login ~*NEW*~
- Username: demouser
- There is no password. Leave it blank and press enter.
- Indiana FAQs *Coming Soon*
- Sign up for future calls – Click Here
- Submit your NBS Questions about NBS – Will be answered on future calls and in the FAQ: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JTTWF2K
NBS Tentative Schedule
A tentative schedule of rollout dates will be updated when available.
ISDH plans to offer in-person and online trainings and tutorials in order to ensure new users transition smoothly to NBS. Field epidemiologists are currently working with local health departments to schedule trainings. Additional training information for other users will be added here when available. Please check back soon for more training updates!
Page last updated: August 18, 2017
Page last reviewed: April 16, 2017