A New Opportunity!
The Indiana State Department of Health Diabetes Prevention and Control Program and the Cardiovascular Health Program are uniting efforts to support healthier Indiana communities and will now be called the Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Section. The Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Section
is preparing to face the increasing number of Hoosiers with diabetes overwhelmed by the risks and complications of heart disease.
The Indiana Diabetes Advisory Council is taking this occasion to not only embrace cardiovascular health but enter their future more independently as the Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Coaltion of Indiana (CADI).
This new vision provides a new opportunity for innovative individuals and corporate partners to join our current members to provide direction and insight into improving the health and well-being of all Hoosiers.
If you are interested in being a part of the CADI, contact the ISDH Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Section at (317) 233-7449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of CADI is to reduce the burden of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke in Indiana.
To develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive Indiana State Plan that addresses the specturm of care across the continuum from primary prevention to diseae management of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and stroke.
CADI Workgroups Descriptions
- Systems of Care - Inform and educate providers about cardiovascular, diabetes, and stroke health issues; assure a competent health care workforce; assess the availability of cardiovascular and diabetes health care services to the state's population; inform policy makers of barriers to accessing relevant health services within the state.
- Community Linkages - Establish partnerships with organizations throughout the state that offer health-related programs and services to employers and community groups; provide support to healthy lifestyle education; promote community programs that encourage cardiovascular and diabetes assessment, prevention and treatment to include self-management education; market health literacy and awareness within targeted audiences.
- Advocacy & Partnership - Support and enhance the strategic policy priorities of the relevent state plan(s); mobilize partnerships and build constituencies that can identify policy priorities and create effective solutions; build statewide partnerships; provide assistance to partners and communities to advocate for strategic policy priorities identified by CADI.
- Data, Surveillance & Evaluation - Identify and make accessible cardiovascular, stroke, and diabetes data; create a state health profile; compile and provide data to organizations for program planning and evaluation; monitor progress toward relevant state plan(s) objectives and assess whether state plan(s) components are producing the desired progress on outcomes; identify comparisons among groups - particularly among populations with disproportionately high risk factors and adverse health outcomes;justify the need for further funding and support; find opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
- Resources Development - Communicate the financial needs of the CADI to community and organizational partners; expand the base of financial support upon which the success of the CADI depends; develop and implement stewardship strategies that demonstrate appreciation and community participation in the CADI as we work toward our mission and goals.
2013 Meeting Schedule
The full coalition meets quarterly. All full coalition meetings are scheduled from 1 - 4 pm on the following dates in 2013:
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Locations will be announced. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Past CADI (and former DAC) Meeting Minutes