Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Public school corporations may establish trusts to establish and maintain insurance coverage. Pursuant to Indiana Code (IC) 20-42.5-2-1, (additional guidance is also provided in Rule 760 IAC 1-75 a school trust doing business in Indiana must register with the Indiana Department of Insurance.
To register a school trust, please provide the following information:
1. A completed application form.
2. A copy of the trust documents.
3. Documentation of stop loss insurance with an insurer authorized to do business in Indiana with an aggregate retention of not more than 125% of the amount of expected claims for the following year.
4. Documentation that contributions are set to fund 100% of the aggregate retention plus all other costs of the trust.
5. A copy of a fidelity bond covering each person responsible for the trust for acts of fraud or dishonesty.
6. A statement that the entity has reviewed the provisions of IC 27-4-1-4.5.
7. A copy of the trust's most recent financial statement. In the case of a start up entity, please provide a copy of the trust’s projected financial status for the first year.
Questions should be directed to:
Cynthia D. Donovan
Please submit the application documents to:
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787
After we receive the proper filing and review is completed, we will prepare a letter of registration and send it to the contact person listed on the application.