Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
- M/WBE application for New Certification
- Application for Recertification
As a certified minority- or woman-owned business, your company will:
- Qualify for MBE/WBE subcontracting opportunities on state contracts in Indiana, which provide for the attainment of business diversity goals
- Receive notification of state business opportunities
- Receive access to training opportunities
- Receive notice of upcoming events such as networking opportunities
- Appear in a directory of certified firms
- Qualify as an MBE/WBE for purchasing by casinos and state universities, as well as other public and private organizations
To qualify as a minority business enterprise or women's business enterprise, a firm must be 51 percent owned by qualifying minorities or women who:
- Possess expertise in the field
- Control the business enterprise
- Are U.S. citizens
Qualifying minority groups include Blacks, Native Americans, Latino/Hispanics, Pacific Asians, and Subcontinent Asians.
Free step-by-step training for MBE and WBE Certification is available the third Wednesday of each month for new applicants. Learn more about the certification clinic and other workshops on our News and Events webpage.
Although certification is valid for a three-year period, businesses are required to submit an Affidavit of Continuing Eligibility (ACE) form annually with any changes affecting the following:
- Change in location or contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Change in services provided (amendment to certification)
- Change in ownership
- Change in control
Certified minority- and women-owned businesses with requests for classification code (UNSPSC) review and amendment, must submit an Amendment Form to the division.