Application for new certification.
Application for recertification.
MWBE suppliers are also encouraged to pursue Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification and other certification programs that would benefit their business.
Benefits of being Certified
As a certified minority- or woman-owned business, your company will:
- Qualify for MBE/WBE subcontracting opportunities on state contracts in Indiana, which provide for the attainment of business diversity goals
- Receive notification of state business opportunities
- Receive access to training opportunities
- Receive notice of upcoming events such as networking opportunities
- Appear in a directory of certified firms
- Qualify as an MBE/WBE for purchasing by casinos and state universities, as well as other public and private organizations
Qualifications for Certification
To qualify as a Minority Business Enterprise or Women's Business Enterprise, a firm must be 51 percent owned by qualifying minorities or women who:
- Possess expertise in the field
- Control the business enterprise
- Are U.S. citizens
Qualifying minority groups include Blacks, Native Americans, Latino/Hispanics, Pacific Asians, and Subcontinent Asians.
Certification Training Resources
Free step-by-step training for MBE and WBE Certification is available the third Wednesday of each month for new applicants. Learn more about the certification clinic and other workshops on our News and Events webpage.
Although certification is valid for a three-year period, businesses are required to submit an Affidavit of Continuing Eligibility (ACE) form annually with any changes affecting the following:
- Change in location or contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Change in services provided (amendment to certification)
- Change in ownership
- Change in control
Certified minority and women-owned businesses with requests for classification code (UNSPSC) review and amendment, must submit an Amendment Form to the Division.
Minority and Women's Business Enterprises Division
402 W. Washington St., Rm W-469
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Fax: (317) 233-6921