Blackford County Courthouse
Location: 110 W. Washington Street at south entrance to courthouse, Hartford City. (Blackford County, Indiana)
Erected 1994 Indiana Historical Bureau and Blackford Lodge #106 F. & A.M.
ID# : 05.1994.1
Blackford County's second courthouse, featuring a 165 foot high clock tower, was built on foundation stones from nearby Montpelier quarries. At a cost of $129, 337.83, this Richardsonian Romanesque structure was constructed 1893-1895. Listed in National Register of Historic Places, 1980.
Buildings and Architecture, Government Institutions