Early Quaker Meetinghouse

Early Quaker Meetinghouse

Location: 1232 N. Quaker Rd., near the Old Blue River Friends Church, Salem, IN 47167 (Washington County, Indiana)

Installed Indiana Historical Bureau

ID#: 88.19??.?


Building erected in 1815 by Quakers from North Carolina.  They came to Washington County in opposition to slavery.  Land donated by Matthew Coffin to the Blue River Friends Meeting Trustees.


Marker Review pending.