Civil War Arsenal 1861-1864
Location: Capitol Avenue & W. Market Street at the east entrance to the State House, Indianapolis (Marion County, Indiana)
Erected by the Indiana Civil War Centennial Commission, 1964
ID# : 49.1964.1
Governor Oliver P. Morton established a state arsenal to supply Indiana's troops with ammunition. First located adjacent to the State Capitol, the arsenal was later moved to the present site of Arsenal Technical High School.
For more information see the essay "Indiana Arsenal" by Dr. Anita Morgan.