Location: 772 N. Capitol Avenue, SE corner Indian Creek bridge, Corydon. (Harrison County, Indiana)
Erected 1992 by Indiana Historical Bureau and Mr./Mrs. Thomas D. McGrain
ID# : 31.1992.1
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
House built by Jacob Kintner, Sr. 1808. Named for giant native red cedars in area. Self-sustaining plantation traded 1849 to Thomas McGrain, Sr. for Louisville property. Sheltered Corydon residents July 1863 during Morgan's Raid. First marked 1966 by Mr./Mrs. M. Dowling McGrain. Listed in National Register, 1983.
Buildings and Architecture, Nature and Natural Disasters