[West Ward School]

[West Ward School]

Location: 210 W. North A Street, Gas City. (Grant County, Indiana)

Erected by Gas City Historical Society, 1988

ID# : 27.1988.1

Text

This Richardsonian Romanesque style structure, built 1900-1902, reflects the area's prosperity during the natural gas boom. The town of Harrisburg had been renamed Gas City in 1892.

Keywords

Buildings and Architecture, Education