Lincoln Funeral Train 150th January News Roundup
Curious about what is going on in Indiana as the 150th anniversary of the Lincoln Funeral Train approaches? Here are the articles and press releases we received in January 2015:
- The New York Times covers anniversary plans at Ford’s Theatre, the re-created Funeral Train, and other historic anniversaries around the country and abroad. Read the article.
- South Bend, Indiana resident Marybeth Saunders provided antique chairs for the recreation of Lincoln’s funeral train car and finds catharsis in this Elkhart Truth article.
- The Richmond Palladium-Item provided a sneak peek at the activities planned for the Richmond commemoration in this article.
- Taltree Arboretum & Gardens announced a special President’s Day event on February 16, which will include a chance to preview its Lincoln Funeral Train Vignette.
- Dr. Brian Dirck will share research from his upcoming book, Abraham Lincoln in Indiana, in Noblesville on February 2 and Fishers on February 16.