Indiana is committed to providing quality employment services to veterans at our WorkOne Centers. Veterans go to the front of the line and each office has an onsite veteran's representative that assists with employment needs.
DWD's Veteran Service program provides specific job placement services. To qualify for placement services you must meet the following definition and be registered with your local WorkOne Center.
- Any individual who served more than 180 days on active duty (not for Reserve or National Guard training).
- Any individual who served on active duty and was released because of a service connected illness or injury. (Does not have to meet the 180-day rule)
- Any individual who was in the National Guard or Reserves and was called to active duty during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge is authorized. (Examples are Panama, Grenada, Haiti, Beruit, Persian Gulf, Desert Shield or Desert Storm. You do not have to have served in that area.)
Services that are provided to qualified veterans include:
- Face-to-face orientation of the WorkOne Center and services provided
- Face-to-face review of IndianaCAREERConnect.com, the largest source of job openings in the state
- Direct referral to jobs (Both established jobs and job development)
- Assistance looking for a job, developing a resume and preparing for an interview
- Referral to other federal, state and local agencies
- Information on veteran's rights and employment benefits
- Assistance transitioning into civilian employment
- Training incentives and grants
- Guidance finding vocational training
- Post-employment counseling
- Occupational skills assessment
These services provide veterans with the necessary information they need to find and secure suitable employment and make the transition from the military to the civilian workforce. If you are a veteran, please visit your nearest WorkOne Center and speak to a veteran's representative today. All representatives are honorably discharged service members that specialize in assisting in your employment needs.
Veterans.gov serves America's veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise, and protecting their employment rights.
- Veteran’s Gold Card (a congressional program offering enhanced re-employment services for post 9/11 veterans)
- WorkOne Veterans Services
- Other Veteran Services
- Demographic Information on Indiana Veterans
- Unemployment among recent veterans during the Great Recession