Information for Seniors
Assistance for Seniors and Low-Income Taxpayers
If you are a senior or low-income taxpayer looking for assistance in preparing your individual income taxes, here are s ome organizations that can help.
- The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program focuses on helping low- and moderate-income people, with special attention to those over age 60. To find a site near you, click here.
- The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. To find a site near you, click here.
- Civil service annuity deduction
- County credit for the elderly or permanently disabled
- Deceased individuals
- Disability retirement deduction
- Estimated tax requirements
- Filing requirements
- Human services deduction - for Medicaid recipients staying at a care facility or hospital
- Indiana partnership long term care policy premiums deduction
- Inheritance tax information
- Military retirement pay
- Social Security and railroad retirement benefits
- Simplified form for low income seniors
- Unified tax credit for the elderly
Get the big picture for Hoosier seniors, including specific tax benefits and general filing requirements.