Tax Types & Various Rates
Tax Type and Rate Basics
- How do I contact the department about a specific tax type?
- What are the fees charged by the department?
- What are the interest rates for late tax payments?
- What are the penalties for late tax payments?
- What is the individual gross income tax rate?
- Adjusted gross income tax – 3.3 percent for tax year 2016
- Adjusted gross income tax – 3.23 percent for tax year 2017
- What are the corporate income tax rates?
- Gross and supplemental net income tax rescinded Jan. 1, 2003
- Adjusted gross income tax - 6.0 percent
- What is the corporate tax rate history?
- What is the sales tax rate history?
- What are the county tax rates?
- Where can I find an Indiana sales tax chart?
- What are some of Indiana's miscellaneous tax rates?
Liability for penalty - ten percent or $5 whichever is greater. IC 6-8.1-10-2.1
Failure to file a tax return; preparation by Department - 20 percent penalty. IC 6-8.1-10-3
Failure to file a tax return; fraudulent intent to evade tax - 100 percent penalty. IC 6-8.1-10-4
Bad checks penalty as specified under IC 6-8.1-10-5
Failure to file information return as specified under IC 6-8.1-10-6