Administrative Protest Guidelines -- When a customer receives a proposed assessment for additional tax or has been denied a request for refund, the customer may be entitled to file a protest with the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR).
Guide for Requesting Policy Determination -- A customer who wants written guidance from DOR may submit a request for policy determination with the Tax Policy Division.
County Rates Available Online -- Indiana county resident and nonresident income tax rates are available via Department Notice #1.
ATTENTION -- ALL businesses in Indiana must file and pay their sales and withholding taxes electronically.
If you work in or have business income from Indiana, you'll likely need to file a tax return with us. Whether you're a large multinational company, a small business owner, or a self-employed individual, this site contains all the resources you'll need to properly file your return. You'll find information on how to register or close your business, make changes to your account, and file and pay your taxes online. You'll also find answers to frequently asked questions, as well as all the business tax forms and publications you might need.
If you are operating a convenience store or plan to sell bath salts, spice, or synthetic drugs, click here.
Business Tax Basics
- How do I register a business with DOR?
- How do I close a business with DOR?
- How do I make changes to my tax account with DOR?
- How do I contact DOR?
- What do I do if I get a tax bill?
- How do I find out more about specific tax types, rates, penalties and interest?
- How can I learn more about Indiana's business income tax?
- What is the process for claiming a refund?
- How do I add a tax type with DOR?
- What is Streamline Sales Tax?
- What information is available for dealers of aircraft, RVs, trailers, vehicles and watercraft?
- What is the School Scholarship Tax Credit?
- What is the new prepaid wireless fee?
- How do I obtain a tax clearance on my license?
- How do I get a private employment agency license?
- Why is there a tax lien on my vehicle title?
- How do I receive a worker's compensation exemption certificate?
- Does Indiana have a list of cigarette and other tobacco product distributors?
- How do I obtain a utility sales tax exemption?
- Can a utility provider communicate with the department regarding a utility exemption?
- Where do I find current-year business tax forms?
- Where do I find prior-year business tax forms?
- How do I know which form to file?
- Where do I mail my completed forms?
- How do I suggest changes to Indiana tax forms?
- Where do I find federal tax forms and other states' forms?
- Where can I find Streamline Sales Tax information?
- What are the do's and don'ts of completing Form WH-1?
- Why am I required to electronically file the WH-3 withholding tax form?
- Can I file business taxes online?
- How can I pay my taxes electronically?
- How do I learn more about the Fuel Tax Electronic Initiatives (EDI)?
- How do I complete a WH-3/W-2 filing myself?
- How do I submit multiple Indiana Schedule IN K-1s?
- Where do I find information about electronic media?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New and Small Business Education Center
- Reference Library
- Tax Collection Process
- Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Information for Convenience Store Owners
- Federal Information
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Information International Small Business Advisor
- NAICS Codes
- Tax Filing Deadlines
- Electronic Filing for IT-20S
- Motorsports Tax Guidance
- Administrative Protest Guide
- Guide for Requesting a Policy Determination