County Council Members
- Budget Forms & Information
- Circuit Breaker Information
- County Council Budget Review
- DLGF Contact Us
- DLGF Forms
- Local Option Income Tax (LOIT)
- Referendum Information
- Tax Bill 101
- TS-1 Tax Comparison Statement
Indiana and Administrative Code
- Budgets, Tax Rate and Tax Levies IC 6-1.1-17
- General Procedures for Property Tax Collection IC 6-1.1-22
Reference Graphics and Slides
This PowerPoint presentation covers the personal property abatement process.
The Assessment to Property Tax Billing system works similar to a relay race. Each individual in the race is responsible for a leg, and if one falls behind in the race to the finish, those who follow must work harder to catch up to win the race. In the same way, local and state officials must work together, passing the baton from one office to the other to achieve timely billing. When there are delays in the process, the subsequent responsibilities must be completed in a shortened time frame to maintain on-time billing.
This graphic shows the detailed flow of responsibilities and the statutory citations associated with each step in the process.
This webpage covers the basics surrounding municipal finance, including definitions, deadlines and structure of local budgets. It also shows samples of budget forms used and explains the Department role in the budget review and certification process.
- 2017 – 2018 Budget Calendar - January 12, 2017
- Gateway Debt Management - January 5, 2017
- Other Post-Employment Benefits Reporting - January 5, 2017
- Certified local income tax certifications for CY 2017 - October 14, 2016
- Gateway Economic Development Reporting - September 9, 2016
- Local Income Tax Estimated Distributions for 2017 - August 18, 2016
- Estimates of 2017 Property Tax Cap Credits - July 29, 2016
- Estimated Miscellaneous Revenues for Budget Year 2017 - July 29, 2016
- Review of Excess Levy Appeals - July 28, 2016
- Reminder Concerning Voting on Budgets by Volunteer Firefighters - July 19, 2016
- Budget Form Changes for 2017 Budgets - July 1, 2016
- STATE BUDGET AGENCY:Assessed valuation growth quotient - June 28, 2016
- 2016 – 2017 Budget Calendar UPDATED - June 21, 2016
- Disclosure of Financial and Operational Data on Gateway - June 14, 2016
- Procedures for the Establishment of Cumulative Funds - June 13, 2016
- Contract Reporting Requirements - May 24, 2016
- 2016 – 2017 Budget Calendar UPDATED - May 4, 2016
- STATE BUDGET AGENCY Memo - One-time Special Distribution per SEA 67 - April 22, 2016
- Budget Streamlining - March 30, 2016
- Legislation Affecting Certain Budgeting Matters - March 30, 2016
- Legislative Changes Affecting the Petition & Remonstrance and Referendum Processes - March 30, 2016
Association of Indiana Counties
While the Department works in partnership with the Association of Indiana Counties, the Association is a separate entity, governed by its own by-laws.