Children are our future and as a community we have a responsibility to help each child reach their full potential.
For more information about these prevention programs and resources, contact a DCS representative at DCSPreventionquestions@dcs.in.gov.
DCS Prevention Programs
- Community Partners for Child Safety (CPCS) is a statewide prevention program. It is designed to strengthen the family unit and build support services. It is voluntary, free, and provides home-based services to connect families with resources.
- Healthy Families Indiana (HFI) is a voluntary home visitation program designed to promote healthy families and healthy children through a variety of services, including child development, access to health care and parent education.
- Youth Services Bureaus & Safe Place provide a variety of programs aimed at preventing delinquent behavior in teenagers.
To view informative brochures and fact sheets, go to Safety and General Information.
Other Prevention Resources
- Kid's First Trust Fund (KFTF)
The mission of the Kids First Trust Fund is to promote the health of children and reduce infant mortality by funding programs which prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
Prevent Child Abuse Indiana is dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect, and is committed to making Indiana a better, safer place for Indiana’s most precious resources – our children.
Children’s Mental Health Initiative allows families access to needed services so that children do not enter the child welfare or probation system for the sole purpose of accessing mental health assistance.
Safe Sleep Locations 2016
The Indiana State Department of Health, in collaboration with DCS, has established partnerships with agencies in the State of Indiana to provide safe sleep education and Infant Survival Kits. (on infant portable crib, fitted sheet with safe sleep message imprinted on it, wearable blanket, pacifier, and safe sleep recommendations) for families who do not have safe places for their infants to sleep. As part of the program, a number of educational materials that will help caregivers learn more about safe sleep are provided. Click here for locations.
302 W Washington St, Ste E306 MS 47
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Prevention Services Manager
302 W Washington St, Ste E306, MS 47
Indianapolis, IN 46204