Earline S. Rogers Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities
Stipend for minority students (defined as black and Hispanic individuals) who will participate in student teaching or a school administration internship as part of the students' degree requirements.
Priority will be given to student teaching applicants.
- be a minority student;
- participate in student teaching or a school administration internship as part of the student's degree requirements;
- have earned a cumulative grade point average upon entering student teaching that is required by an eligible institution for admission to the eligible institution's school of education;
- be enrolled at an eligible Indiana institution;
- be a first-time undergraduate student or be enrolled in a school administration program;
- student teach or participate in a school administration internship at an Indiana school authorized by the Indiana Department of Education;
- agree in writing to apply for a teaching position at an accredited school in Indiana following that student's certification as a teacher and, if hired, to teach for at least three years; and
- meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a complete and corrected FAFSA by the deadlines (please allow 5-7 business days for processing):
- June 30 (Fall deadline)
- December 31 (Spring deadline)
- Submit a complete Earline S. Rogers Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities Application through ScholarTrack by the following deadlines:
- October 4 (Fall deadline)
- January 31 (Spring deadline)