The Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship is a one-time $4,000 grant for students who graduate from a publicly supported high school at least one year early. The scholarship may be used toward tuition and fees and any remaining funds shall be remitted to the student. This scholarship may not be used for remedial course work.
- Must be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Must have attended a publicly supported high school on a full-time equivalency basis for at least the last two semesters before the student graduated
- Must have been awarded a minimum of a Core 40 high school diploma by the end of grade 11, including any summer course work completed by July 1 of the year of graduation
- Must not have been enrolled in a publicly supported high school for any part of a fourth year (grade 12)
- Must enroll as a full-time student at an eligible institution not later than the fall semester (or its equivalent, as determined by the Commission) in the academic year immediately following the year in which the student graduates from high school
- Must meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a complete and clean FAFSA (please allow 5-7 business days for processing)
- Submit a complete Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship Application. Please view the Application Filing Deadlines page to view the submission deadline.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU APPLY
- The deadline for submitting the 2016-2017 Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship application is September 4, 2016.
- After the application deadline passes, the Commission will work with the Indiana Department of Education to verify your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- The Indiana Department of Education uses data reported by your high school to verify your eligibility for the Scholarship. The deadline for your high school to report this data to the Indiana Department of Education is October 30, 2016.
- During the month of November, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education will notify you and your college of your eligibility for the 2016-2017 Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship.