Wednesday, February 13, 2013Commission for Higher Education
101 W. Ohio St., Ste. 550
Indianapolis, IN 46204
6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Academic Affairs & Quality Subcommittee Meeting, Weldon Board Room
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Ivy Tech Community College
Corporate College and Culinary Center
2820 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
***NOTE: Parking is available on the south side of the building accessible only from Meridian Street.
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Chair's Breakfast, with Mr. Bruce Walkup, Chair, Ivy Tech Community College State Board of Trustees, Private Dining Room, 13th floor
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, Conference Center Room 118, 1st floor
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch, with Dr. James Moseley, President, Franklin College, Conference Center Room 118, 1st floor
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting, Conference Center Room 120, 1st floor
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mission-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda
CHE Meeting Itinerary and Agenda
Full agenda booklet (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) link
Minutes of the December 2012 Commission Meeting link
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - Completion
- Academic Advising - A Panel Discussion link
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism To Be Offered by Indiana University Kokomo at Kokomo link
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Communication To Be Offered by Indiana University Through Its IUPUI Campus link
- New Degree Program on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Master of Arts in English To Be Offered by Indiana University East at Richmond
- Capital Projects on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Indiana University Bloomington Campus: Read Residence Hall Renovation Phase I - $7,000,000
- Purdue University - West Lafayette Campus: Renewal of Lease of Space at Ross Enterprise Center - $2,133,900
- Proposals for New Degree Programs, Schools, or Colleges Awaiting Commission Action link
- Requests for Degree Program Related Changes on Which Staff Have Taken Routine Staff Action link
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted link
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action link
NEW BUSINESS ITEM
- Administrative Item on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Authorize staff to solicit proposals and to negotiate a contract agreement for a robust study of the role of effective college advising policies and practices in promoting graduation and on-time completion in Indiana.
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2013 in Indianapolis.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided for the general public.)