Continuing Medical Education
Continuing Medical Education Videos
Free CME Video available online: The Opioid Epidemic and the Indiana Medical Licensing Board's Opioid Prescribing Laws
About the Program:
- Free online 50 minute CME course
- Offered by the Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Task Force through the Office of the Attorney General
- Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA)* designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Presented by Palmer MacKie, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Eskenazi Hospital and Amy LaHood, M.D., Family Medicine Physician at St. Vincent Health Network
- Introduction by Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller and Indiana State Health Commissioner, William C. VanNess, II, MD.
What Prescribers Will Learn:
- Gain a better understanding of the scope of the prescription drug abuse epidemic in Indiana and how overprescribing has been a major factor
- The new Indiana laws governing the prescribing of opioids to chronic non-terminal pain patients
- Effective strategies to properly manage chronic non-terminal pain patients by using the First Do No Harm Toolkit as a guide
How to Participate:
- View the 50 minute video above
- Complete the online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JPFNWT5.
- To obtain your CME certificate, send an email to Kristen Kelley with the Office of the Attorney General, at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have completed the program
*The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement - The Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.Note: While offering the CME credit hours listed in these pages, these activities are not intended to provide extensive training in a field. Disclosure: In accordance with ACGME Standards for Commercial Support, educational programs sponsored by the ISMA must demonstrate balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor. Prior to the activity, all faculty, authors, editors and planning committee members participating in an ISMA-sponsored activity are required to disclose to attendees any relevant financial interest or other relationship with the manufacture(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services that are discussed in an educational activity. For more information, contact Kristen Kelley by email at Kristen.email@example.com or by phone at 317-234-7135