Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the status of my application/have you received my documents/what did the board decide/what documents am I missing?
View the status of your application at https://mylicense.in.gov/eGov/index.html.
- Can I speak to someone to make sure I am sending the correct documents needed?
A list of the documents you need can be found by visiting https://www.in.gov/vetboard/, selecting your profession, and selecting an option under “Application Instructions”.
- Why must my application go for a board review?
Common reasons for board review include positive responses, education review, or other information mismatches or apparent gaps between your application package and Indiana requirements for licensing for your profession.
- Can the application be expedited/completed today?
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Questions about fingerprinting and/or criminal background checks
- How many CE hours do I need to renew?
- I have not received my license card, where is it?
We do not send license cards automatically. Order online at https://mylicense.in.gov/eGov/index.html. You may also print your license card at home by selecting the “Print License” button.
- I cannot log in to MyLicense.in.gov account. Can you help?
Refer to Customer Service Login Assistance: https://www.in.gov/access/
- How can I find my license number?
You may find your license number by searching https://mylicense.in.gov/EVerification/Search.aspx
- What does my license allow me to do?
- I am licensed in another state. Is my license valid to practice in Indiana?
No. Go to MyLicense.in.gov to set up an account and apply for an Indiana license.
- How can I file a complaint against a practitioner?
File a complaint through the Attorney General’s office. Start at https://www.in.gov/pla/file-a-complaint/ or call the Consumer Protection line at 1-800-382-5516.
- How do I purchase a list of licensed practitioners?
- More FAQs