Election Day LIVE
The Election Day LIVE poll worker recruitment program enables 16 and 17 year old students a "live" experience of democracy in action on Election Day. This prgram provides an opportunity for students to learn about democracy, to actively participate in their community and work to support free and fair elections in Indiana.
Current Indiana law allows 16 and 17 year old high school students to work as poll workers on Election Day, under the following provisions: The individual:
- Is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age.
- Has a cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Has a written approval from their principal or, if the student is educated at home, the approval of the individual responsible for the education of the student.
- Has the approval of their parent or guardian.
- Is a citizen of the United States and a resident of the county in which they wish to work on Election Day.
- Must satisfactorily complete any training required by the county election board and is otherwise eligible to serve as a precinct officer.
Interested in using Election day Live to recruit 16/17 year old poll workers in your county?