Info Agency Main Banner Content
College students may only register at one of two places:
1. The address where they live while attending school; OR
2. The address where they live while not attending school
NOTE: the intent of where students plan to return after attending college, or during summer and winter breaks, is not to be factored into the decision to approve their registration. They may register at school, if they so choose.
It is a violation of election law to challenge a voter solely on the basis that: (1) the voter is enrolled in an educational institution or; (2) the voter’s address on the registration record is at an address which is housing provided for students by an educational institution. (IC 3-5-4.5-2)
As a first-time voter in Indiana, you will be required to present documents at the polls that confirm your residence address if you registered by mail. Acceptable documents include:
- Indiana Driver’s License or Indiana State Identification Card, with the voter’s current name and address
- Any current and valid photo ID that contains the voter’s current name and address
- A current utility bill, with the voter’s current name and address
- A bank statement, with the voter’s current name and address
- Government check with the voter’s current name and address
- Paycheck with the voter’s current name and address
- Other government document that shows voter’s current name and address
NOTE: This is in addition to the photo ID requirement. For more information please visit, http://www.photoid.in.gov/.