I Promised A Girl Scout I Would Vote
I PROMISED A GIRL SCOUT I WOULD VOTE - Elections offer a unique opportunity to help build a foundation for active citizenship and leadership. In earning the “I Promised a Girl Scout I Would Vote” patch, Girl Scouts of all ages gain a greater understanding of the election process, the importance of voting, and what it means to be an active citizen. Learning activities include: writing a letter to an elected official, visiting a polling location on Election Day, encouraging adults to vote, and researching the evolution of voter rights.
ABOUT - In partnership with the Girl Scouts of Central Indiana, the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State created the “I Promised a Girl Scout I Would Vote” patch program in 2015. Since then, the program has evolved, and we now offer this virtual version of the patch earning process. The Office of the Indiana Secretary of State is proud to sponsor this patch program and offer it free of charge to all 25,000 members of the Girl Scouts of Central Indiana. Additionally, because this is a free online program, the information is available to all families who want to learn more about how elections work.
PROGRAM - The program below was built using Adobe Captivate software. It is optimized for use on computers and tablets. We do not recommend using it on your smartphone, as the images and text will not display properly. Once you've finished the program, please complete this SurveyMonkey questionnaire for Girl Scouts of Central Indiana. Upon completing the questionnaire, you will receive information about how to get your free "I Promised a Girl Scout I Would Vote" patch.
- Voting USA - nonpartisan voter education program committed to creating lifelong voting habits in children
- Ducksters - educational website filled with articles and information designed to help people learn, explore, and use the internet for research
- iCivics - educational website featuring games, resources, and lesson plans
- Who Are Your Elected Officials? - see who currently represents you and get contact information
- Indiana Voters - register to vote in Indiana, preview your ballot, and find polling locations and hours
- Rock the Vote - website aimed at engaging and building political power for young people in our country
- USA.gov - learn about voter registration requirements in your district and find contact information for your local election office
- Vote Smart - search engine for voter information
- A Starting Point - video-driven website aimed at creating a bipartisan channel of communication and connectivity between Americans and their elected officials