The Indiana Secretary of State Fellowship program is an opportunity for a college sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student, or recent graduate to work with Secretary of State Connie Lawson and her team. The fellowship will last from the point of hire through December 2018, during which time the fellow will work directly with key staff members gaining valuable hands-on experience working on special projects and initiatives. Fellows take from the experience a solid understanding of the workings of government as well as expertise in a variety of areas.
Responsiblities may include:
- Respond to constituent questions and concerns about the Secretary of State's office via phone, mail and email
- Prepare constituent correspondence and thank you notes
- Manage inquiries relating to Notaries Public
- Assist in crafting the Secretary’s daily schedule
- Travel with the Secretary of State on official business, serving as staff and/or advance
- Maintain legislative tracking database and monitor legislation that is of particular interest to the Office and Divisions
- Attend legislative or committee hearings, in person or virtually, and generate briefings for Secretary Lawson and Senior Staff
If interested, please submit a resume and college transcript to email@example.com.