2022 “I Voted” Sticker Design Competition
Calling all K-12 Hoosiers!
The Office of Indiana Secretary of State is excited to announce the 2022 “I Voted” Sticker Design Competition. Students can participate in creating an original design for “I Voted” stickers to be given out to voters during the 2022 General Election.
How to Enter: Participants must agree to the official rules and submit their original artwork via email (email@example.com) or on a printed official entry form sent in by mail. The competition will begin on July 25th, 2022 and will close on September 18th, 2022. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM, September 18th, 2022.
I Voted Competition
Office of the Indiana Secretary of State
200 W Washington St, Rm 201
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Age Groups: The competition will be divided into three groups based on grade level:
Group One: Kindergarten – 3rd Grade
Group Two: 4th Grade – 8th Grade
Group Three: 9th Grade – 12th Grade
Judging Criteria: Competition judges will consist of a panel. The sticker design must include the phrase “I Voted” or a representation of the phrase. Entries will be judged on the below criteria:
Criteria One: Design’s focus/attention on voting
Criteria Two: Design’s ability to showcase Indiana
Criteria Three: Design’s overall creativity/uniqueness
Competition Rules: Please reference the full rules to the competition below:
- All entries to the 2022 SoS “I Voted” Sticker Competition must consist entirely of the student’s original, non-copyright creation. Electronic designs are allowed, but may not include photographs, copy protected, material copied from the Internet or any other publication or source.
- Any suspected violation of copyright or plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Submissions may not include photographs, copyrighted or trademarked images (i.e., cartoon or comic book characters)
- By submitting your entry, you are affirming that your design is original.
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
- Participants’ designs must fit within the template provided which may be downloaded and printed. Application/template forms are available from the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State – quantities may be limited. Any marks outside of the template area will not be considered for the competition.
- Designs may be created using crayons, paint, pencil, ink, other mixed media materials or digital drawing and art tools.
- Entries may not explicitly or implicitly promote a candidate, political party, or political issue. All submissions must be non-partisan.
- Entries containing or depicting inappropriate, controversial, or sensationalistic images or messages are not allowed and may be rejected at the sole discretion of the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State or judges.
- By entering the competition with a submission, the participant is allowing the Office of the Indiana Secretary of State, its agents or local government offices, to use, reproduce, edit, publish in any medium or media, their submission in whole or in part, for any non-commercial purpose in perpetuity.
- Providers of winning entries, along with their parent or legal guardian may be required to sign a disclaimer, a waiver of liability and media release agreement before their entry is announced, published, or distributed.
- All submissions must be received 11:59 PM, by September 18th, 2022. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Office of the Secretary of State reserves the right to reject any submissions that could be offensive or unsuitable for public distribution.
Prizes for Winners: Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants for each age group. The prizes are as follows:
1st Place: Design will be used for an official “I Voted” sticker, distributed to Indiana County clerks for use in the 2022 General Election, invited to the State House for a tour, media event with Secretary Sullivan, social media recognition and feature on the Indiana Secretary of State website.
2nd & 3rd Place: Social media recognition and feature on Indiana Secretary of State website.
Submission: To submit your entry in the 2022 “I Voted” sticker design competition, you have two options:
- Email: Take a photo of your design and send it to our email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mail: You can mail your design to 200 W Washington St, Rm 201, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Thank you for participating in the 2022 “I Voted” Sticker competition for this November’s General Election. We cannot wait to see what amazing designs Hoosier students can come up with!