SBOE Recognized Accrediting Organizations
Currently, the following organizations are accrediting bodies eligible to accredit nonpublic K12 schools in Indiana:
- Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AASDAS)
- American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Christian Schools International (CSI)
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA)
- National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA)
- Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges(ACSWASC)
- Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
On May 13, 2020, the Indiana State Board of Education approved the process by which third-party organizations may seek recognition as accrediting bodies for nonpublic K-12 schools. Details are available here. An overview of the rolling application timeline is below. Accrediting organizations seeking recognition by the Indiana State Board of Education must electronically submit a petition to email@example.com no later than November 30 of the year during which the organization seeks recognition.
August 1: Application window to submit notice of intent opens. Upon receipt of notice of intent, organizations seeking recognition will be provided the petition materials
September 30: Last day of the application window to submit notice of intent. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
November 30: Deadline for organizations to submit their "seeking recognition" petition. Petitions submitted after this date may not be accepted.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.