Utility Receipts Tax Repeal
Under a new law approved by the Indiana General Assembly and signed into law by Gov. Eric J. Holcomb on Mar. 16, 2022, the Indiana Utility Receipts Tax is being repealed as of July 1, 2022.
The law requires utilities to decrease their rates to reflect the tax’s repeal. Utilities under IURC jurisdiction have proposed their decreases through the Commission’s 30-day filing procedure, an expedited process designed for consideration of non-controversial matters regarding rates and charges.
The OUCC reviewed each filing to ensure its accuracy and to ensure that rate reductions apply properly to both fixed and volumetric charges.
The OUCC and Indiana American Water Co. (IAWC) have reached an agreement in principle following the OUCC’s earlier objection to IAWC’s URT filing. IAWC has submitted a new filing to which the OUCC is not objecting
The following filing received Commission approval on July 13, 2022:
The following filings received Commission approval on July 6, 2022:
- Elkhart Municipal Water
- J.B. Waterworks, Inc.
- South County Utilities, Inc.
- Martinsville Municipal Water
The following filings received Commission approval on June 28, 2022:
- AES Indiana
- Anderson Municipal Water Works
- American Suburban Utilities
- Apple Valley Utilities
- Aqua Indiana
- Auburn Municipal Electric
- Auburn Municipal Water
- Bloomington Municipal Water
- Boonville Natural Gas
- CenterPoint Energy Indiana North - Gas
- CenterPoint Energy Indiana South - Electric
- CenterPoint Energy Indiana South - Gas
- Chandler Municipal Water
- Citizens Gas
- Citizens Gas of Westfield
- Citizens Thermal
- Citizens Water
- Citizens Wastewater of Westfield
- Citizens Water of Westfield
- Columbus Municipal Water
- Community Natural Gas Co.
- Community Utilities of Indiana, Inc.
- Ellettsville Municipal Water
- Evansville Municipal Water
- Frankfort Municipal Electric
- Ft. Wayne Municipal Water
- Hamilton Southeastern Utilities
- Indiana Michigan Power (I&M)
- Indiana Natural Gas Corporation
- Indiana Utilities Corporation
- Lafayette Municipal Water
- Lebanon Municipal Electric
- Lizton Municipal Water
- LMH Utilities
- Marion Municipal Water
- Michigan City Municipal Water
- Midwest Natural Gas Corporation
- New Castle Municipal Water
- NIPSCO Gas
- Ohio Valley Gas
- Pioneer Water
- Schererville Municipal Water
- South Bend Municipal Water
- Switzerland County Natural Gas
- Sycamore Gas Company
The following filings received Commission approval on June 8, 2022:
The following filings received Commission approval on June 1, 2022:
- Crawfordsville Municipal Electric
- Fountaintown Gas
- Richmond Power & Light
- South Eastern Indiana Natural Gas
- Tipton Municipal Electric
Each utility’s filing and case file can be reviewed by:
- Visiting the Commission’s electronic document system,
- Selecting “No” under the “Is Closed?” field, and
- Selecting the specific utility’s name under the “Utilities” field.
This page will be updated based on case developments.