AES 2023 Rate Case
Pending Rate Case
All parties in the AES Indiana rate case, including the OUCC, have reached a settlement agreement.
- The agreement was filed with the IURC on Nov. 22, 2023. If approved, it would increase the utility's total annual revenues by about 4.6% ($72.9 million).
- The utility's initial request would have increased annual revenues by approximately 8.4% ($134.2 million).
- In testimony filed on Oct. 12, 2023, the OUCC recommended limiting the increase to about 1.2% ($19.1 million).
- The OUCC is the state agency - separate from the IURC - that represents all consumers in cases before the Commission.
- All publicly filed documents in this case (Cause No. 45911) are available on the IURC's website.
- Supporting testimony from the settling parties is due by Nov. 29, 2023.
- An IURC settlement hearing is expected in December.
- A Commission order is expected in early 2024.
Most rate cases take approximately 300 days to complete. The OUCC's timeline outlines the steps in the process.
- Utility Testimony (Initial Request)
- Public Comments
The OUCC invites written public comments in all pending cases before the IURC.
Comments must be received one week before the OUCC's testimonial deadline. In the AES rate case, the OUCC filed more than 1,500 written consumer comments with its testimony.
The IURC held public field hearings in August and October. The OUCC issued a Aug. 14, 2023 news release to invite comments.
- OUCC Testimony
The OUCC filed the following testimony on Oct. 12, 2023, based on a 3 1/2 month technical and legal review of AES Indiana's proposal. The agency's Oct. 13, 2023 news release has more information.
Storm Outage Investigation Request
The OUCC and Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana have filed a petition with the IURC requesting an investigation to assess AES Indiana's practices and procedures for storm outage restoration.
- The OUCC & CAC's joint July 12, 2023 news release has more information.
- On July 25, 2023 the OUCC filed a reply brief to AES Indiana's response and included more than 40 consumer comments.
- An IURC technical conference on the investigation request was held on Oct. 2, 2023.
The request is pending.