Richmond Municipal Electric Rates
Richmond Power & Light (RP&L) is seeking a rate increase in IURC Cause No. 45361.
The OUCC is reviewing RP&L's request and is scheduled to file testimony on July 2, 2020. An IURC order is expected in January 2021.
- An IURC public field hearing is currently scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on June 29, 2020 at Richmond High School.
- Written consumer comments are invited through the end of June and will be included in the formal case record along with oral testimony at the field hearing. For more information, please see the OUCC's guide to Speaking Out on cases.
- Our infographic outlines the steps in a rate case.
All publicly filed documents are available from the IURC case file.
The utility's case-in-chief includes its petition and the following testimony:
This page will be updated based on case developments.
Electric utilities can also adjust rates due to changes in purchased power costs. Those costs can only be recovered on a dollar-for-dollar basis. They include OUCC review and IURC approval before taking effect.
- Guide to State Utility Regulatory Proceedings
- Speaking Out on Pending Cases
- Reduce Your Summer Electric Bill