NIPSCO Gas Rates
Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) provides natural gas service in 32 counties.
To compare average natural gas bills, see the IURC's monthly residential surveys.
NIPSCO's natural gas utility is seeking a base rate increase in IURC Cause No. 44988.
The OUCC's attorneys and technical staff are reviewing NIPSCO's request and are scheduled to file testimony on January 24, 2018.
Consumers may comment for the case record by:
- Sending written comments to the OUCC by January 17, 2018, or
- Speaking at an IURC public field hearing:
December 11, 2017, 6pm ET: Grand Wayne Convention Center (Calhoun Ballroom A), Fort Wayne
January 3, 2018, 6pm CT: Merrillville High School (Freshman Lecture Hall), Merrillville
Date & Time TBD: South Bend
NIPSCO filed the following documents on September 27, 2017:
- Petition - 21 pages
- Testimony: Sistovaris - 33 pages
- Testimony: Caister - 50 pages
- Testimony: Isensee - 257 pages
- Testimony: Scott - 75 pages
- Testimony: Stone - 35 pages
- Testimony: Roberts - 39 pages
- Testimony: Campbell - 155 pages
- Testimony: Harper - 55 pages
- Testimony: Smith - 32 pages
- Testimony: Spanos - 488 pages
- Testimony: Bulkley - 103 pages
- Testimony: McCuen - 30 pages
- Testimony: Rea - 188 pages
- Testimony: Efland - 31 pages
- Testimony: Amen - 108 pages
- Testimony: Westerhausen - 203 pages
All publicly filed documents in the case, including the utility's work papers and additional exhibits, are available by visiting IURC website and entering cause number 44988.
This page will be updated based on case developments.
Seven-Year Infrastructure Replacement Plan
Under a 2013 Indiana law, NIPSCO received IURC approval of a 7-year plan for infrastructure improvements, along with incremental rate increases as the projects proceed. Project costs in the plan total about $713 million. Please click here for more information.
Quarterly Gas Cost Adjustments
Natural gas utilities may adjust rates every three months to recover changes in wholesale costs. The adjustments require OUCC review and IURC approval. To review NIPSCO's gas cost adjustment filings, visit the IURC website and enter cause number 43629.
Additional OUCC Resources