Representing Ratepayer Interests in 300+ Cases Each YearLearn More
Monthly Updates & TipsLearn More
The OUCC is Recommending Denial of the Utility's Request.Learn More
10-Digit Dialing in the 219 & 574 Area Codes Will Be Mandatory Later This Year. A 6-Month Grace Period Starts Apr. 24.Learn More
About the OUCC
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency representing ratepayer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. Welcome to our site!
219 & 574 Area Codes: 10-digit dialing will be required for local calls later this year.
Vectren North (central and southeastern Indiana) Gas Rate Case:
- The OUCC is recommending denial of the utility's request. See our Apr. 1 news release for a summary of our testimony.
- An IURC field hearing was held on Mar. 16 in Carmel.
- Our Mar. 3 news release offers more information on the case.
Vectren South (southwestern Indiana) Gas Rate Case:
- The OUCC is recommending a significant reduction to the utility's request. See our Feb. 19 news release for a summary of our testimony.
- An IURC field hearing was held on Feb. 1 in Evansville. For a copy of the field hearing fact sheet, click here.
- Our Jan. 15 news release offers more information on the case.
Additional Cases of Note:
- AES Indiana Electric Vehicle Portfolio
- Columbus City Utilities Water Rate Case
- COVID-19 Investigation
- Distributed Generation Tariffs: AES Indiana | Duke Energy | I&M | NIPSCO | Vectren
- Duke Energy Rate Case
- Richmond Power & Light Rate Case
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Investigation
Written consumer comments are invited in all cases.