Welcome to Indiana Main Street
Since 1985, the Indiana Main Street Program (IMS) has been helping communities revitalize the economy, appearance, and image of their downtown commercial districts using the National Main Street Center’s successful Main Street Approach. Main Street is a comprehensive, incremental approach to revitalization built around a community’s unique heritage and attributes. Using local resources and initiative, the state program helps communities develop and provides support for the implementation of their own strategies to stimulate long-term economic growth and pride in the heart of the communities’ downtown or commercial core.
In 2005, the IMS Program transitioned to the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, where it is currently managed. IMS provides access to information, help getting focused, and community support and guidance to individuals and organizations interested in downtown revitalization. It also serves as a general clearinghouse for the latest tools and techniques in downtown development. General information, project development assistance information, and other resource materials are also available. The state program is a partner, but true revitalization success is built squarely on local commitment, initiative and follow-through.
2023 Indiana Main Street 101 schedule and registration
- Northwest: 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 120 W Washington Street, Monticello, IN 47960.
- Northeast: 4 p.m. Thursday, June 29, 2023, 2545 Silveus Crossing, Warsaw, IN 46582.
- West Central: 4 p.m. Thursday, June 15, 2023, The Tenzer Hub For Entrepreneurship, 19.5 S Indiana Street, Greencastle, IN 46135.
- East Central: 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 13, 2023, Lizabuth Ann's Kitchen at the Riley Home and Museum, 250 W Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140.
- Southwest: 2:30 p.m. Thursday, May 25, 2023, The Indiana Theater, 419 E. Main Street, Washington, IN 47501.
- Southeast: 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 20, 2023, Dearborn County Library Sally Stegner Depot Room, 150 Mary Street, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025.
- Indianapolis: 11 a.m. Monday, August 7, 2023, Indiana Government Center South, 302 W Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Indianapolis: 11 a.m. Thursday, August 17, 2023, Indiana Government Center South, 302 W Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
The Indiana Main Street program support of its designated local IMS programs has resulted in significant investment and economic growth from the bottom-up in Main Street districts. Since 1985, Indiana Main Street communities have achieved:
► 5,723 NET new & expanded businesses;
► 33,602 NET full and part-time jobs;
► $3,964,099,339.87 in private reinvestment;
► $2,394,516,838 in public reinvestment;
► 10,823 building improvements;
► 9,226 New construction; and
► 3,734 Public Improvement projects.