- If I live out of state and need a certified copy of a birth or death record, how can I obtain one?
On this website there are applications that you can print out and fill out then mail to the Health Department. The application is very self explanatory and tells you everything you need to do.
- How old does a child have to be to file a paternity affidavit with the health department?
You are able to file a PA until the child is 18 years of age.
- What do I need to bring with me to obtain an birth or death record.
A driver's license or state ID.
- How much does a birth certificate cost?
A Certified Birth Certificate is $10.00 per certificate.
- How much does a death certificate cost?
A Certified Death Certificate is $13.00 per certificate.
- If my child was born at home in Randolph County how do I register his/her birth?
You as parents have until the baby is 12 months old to file a Home Birth at the Randolph County Health Department. The cost is $20.00 which includes a certified birth certificate. If the child is more than 12 months old, you must file the birth with the Indiana State Department of Health as a delayed birth registration.