An official website of the Indiana State Government
- Tracking and recording all births and deaths that occur in Posey County.
- Inspecting all food establishments to ensure safe food handling regulations and best practices are met.
- Inspecting all residential onsite waste treatment systems to ensure state and local regulations and best practices are met.
- Investigating and mitigating certain environmental health issues that could cause illness or harm to county residents.
- Providing immunizations for current and emerging diseases.
- Childhood Immunizations
- Adult Immunizations including Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Pneumonia
- Flu shots in season
- Providing education to encourage and promote healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Smoking classes
- Balance class
- Investigating and reporting communicable diseases as required by state and federal regulations.
- Planning, preparing for, and mitigating any natural or manmade threat to the public’s health.
- Free STD screening, testing, and treatment (call for appointment)
- FREE HIV TESTING – 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10 am – 2:30 pm (call for appointment)
- FREE HEP C TESTING (By Request) – 2nd Wednesday of the month, 10 am – 2:30 pm (call for appointment)
- FREE PREGNANCY TESTING – Call For Appointment
- Lead Screening and follow-up
- High-risk newborn, visitation, follow-up, and community resource referrals
- Angel Store – diapers, wipes, prenatal vitamins, children’s vitamins, vouchers for formula and additional items as needed
- TB screening, medications, contact testing
- Head lice screening – free treatment supplies and instructions
- Free blood pressure checks
- Safe Sleep program – pack –n-plays, education
- Home visits
- Medication and dental assistance when needed