Health Department staff routinely inspects all permanent retail food service establishments in the county as well as temporary event food establishments. Current and previous inspections are available for viewing at the Health Department any time during regular business hours.
License: Issue annual retail food establishment and temporary event food licenses.
Inspections: Conduct risk-based routine retail food establishment inspections and re-inspections in accordance with state and county codes.
Investigations: Investigate reported cases of food-borne illness outbreaks and consumer complaints of code violations.
Food Service Sanitation Program: An informal educational program designed to instruct those working in the foodservice industry in sanitary food handling techniques.
Food Handler Certification Examination and Training Program: BCHD offers an accredited food handler certification training course and examination.
Plan Review: Review all proposed plans for new construction, renovation, and remodeling of retail food establishments for compliance with equipment and facility design criteria in accordance with 410 IAC 7-24.
Sampling Products in Retail Food Establishments
Forms can be opened and downloaded in PDF format by clicking on any of the links below.
- Annual Licensing Letter 2023
- Annual License Full Application 2023
- Annual License Limited Application 2023
- Annual License Bed & Breakfast Application 2023
- Annual License Not-For-Profit Application 2023
- Mobile Food License Application 2023
- Temporary Foods Permit Application 2023
- Farmer's Market Vendor Application
- Temporary Food Establishment Checklist
- Plan Review Estimate
- Plan Review Application 50033 (R2-6-05)
- Rules For Food Handlers Certification
- Food Safety After Fire
- Food Safety During Floods
- Food Safety During Power Outages
- Home Based Vendors Guidelines
- Proper Food Cooling Information
- Food Thawing Information
- General Food Protection Information
- Hand Washing/Dish Washing Information
- Back Flow Information
- Cool & Reheat Food Information
- Daily Food Safety Checklist
Recalls from the CDC: