The Lieutenant Governor's office and the Indiana State Department of Agriculture envision Indiana to be a “global center for food and agricultural innovation and commercialization.” In the spirit of this vision, the department established the AgriVision Award, which is the highest agricultural honor presented by the state.
The award was established in 2007 to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the agriculture industry, whether it’s developing a new technology, managing an agribusiness or organization, or working to address a global issue, to name a few. The AgriVision Award is open to any Indiana resident and all sectors of the agriculture industry—from bioenergy to livestock to the agbiosciences. Any person or organization may submit a nomination. Once a winner has been selected, the award will be presented by Lt. Governor Crouch and Indiana State Department of Agriculture Director Don Lamb during the Celebration of Agriculture.
AgriVision Award nominations are accepted each year beginning June 1 and close on July 1.
To nominate an individual please fill out the form listed below and email the completed form to ISDA Communications: email@example.com
If you have questions about the status of your nomination, please contact ISDA Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Archer and Cindy Hoye (2023)
- Gary Truitt and Dr. Karen Plaut (2022)
- Doug Leman and Dr. Robert Waltz (2021)
- Garwood Orchards and MPS Egg Farms (2020)
- Stan Poe family and Terry L. Tucker (2019)
- Jerry Seger family and Tim and Jim Craig (2018)
- Beth Bechdol and Dr. Jay Akridge (2017)
- Dr. Bret Marsh and John Hardin (2016)
- Don Orr and Don Villwock (2015)
- Adam Moody (2014)
- Norman McCowan (2013)
- Kip Tom (2012)
- Vic Lechtenberg (2011)
- JoAnn Brouillette (2010)
- Brian Reichert and John Swisher (2009)
- Charles “Shorty” Whittington (2008)
- Lawrence "Sonny" Beck (2007)