Together with the Indiana Destination Development Corporation, ISDA is currently working to develop resources for agritourism operators and Hoosiers who enjoy these destinations. Agritourism includes U-Pick, fall activities, farm markets, farm tours, Christmas tree farms, wineries, breweries, and other activities that bring the general public to the farm for agricultural activities. Stay tuned in the coming months for more information about this exciting new initiative.
To find agritourism destinations throughout Indiana, check out the Visit Indiana agritourism page. The newly-launched agritourism page is a joint effort between the Indiana State Department of Agriculture and the Indiana Destination Development Corporation to build awareness of Indiana's many agritourism destinations.
Don't see your destination? Create an account on IDDC's website to create your listing. Options include basic, free listings and enhanced, paid listings with photos and additional links.
State Agritourism Strategy
- Culinary & Agritourism Strategy – ISDA & Indiana Destination Development Corporation (2017)
- Regional stakeholder meeting presentation (2017)
- Calendar – Availability of Hoosier produce
For Farmers & Agritourism Operators
- Agritourism emergency response & legal liability assessment checklist
- Indiana local zoning & permitting guide
- Indiana Small Business Development Center (ISBDC) – ISBDC offers staff to assist with business plans, etc.
- Safety considerations for agritourism
- Tennessee agritourism guide – This provides good information for all agritourism operators