Language Translation
  Close Menu

Eligibility Requirements and How to Enroll in CREP

What are the eligibility requirements?

Landowners can offer eligible cropland in all or portions of 65 counties in the following watersheds:

The CREP is open to all or a portion of the following counties:
Adams, Allen, Bartholomew, Benton, Boone, Brown, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Daviess, Decatur, Delaware, Dubois, Fountain, Fulton, Gibson, Grant, Greene, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Howard, Huntington, Jackson, Jasper, Jay, Jennings, Johnson, Knox, Kosciusko, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Martin, Miami, Monroe, Morgan, Montgomery, Noble, Orange, Owen, Parke, Pike, Posey, Pulaski, Putnam, Randolph, Rush, Shelby, Starke, Sullivan, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, Wabash, Warren, Warrick, Washington, Wells, White, and Whitley.

Sign –up and Eligibility Requirements
Enrollment is anytime throughout the year. Cropland must meet cropping history criteria and be physically and legally capable of being cropped in a normal manner. Persons who have acreage under an existing CRP contract or an approved offer with a contract pending are ineligible for CREP on that acreage until that contract expires. Other requirements may also apply. Interested producers should contact their local Farm Service Agency (FSA) office for specific information regarding their eligibility for CREP.

How to Enroll in Indiana CREP?

Requirements for Enrolling

Sign up for the Indiana CREP began July 18, 2005 and will continue until enrollment goals are attained.  Landowners may enroll any amount of eligible cropland in the voluntary federal and state program for a contract period of 14-15 years.

Installation of conservation practices must be completed within 12 months of the federal CREP contract effective date.

Once enrolled in the CREP program the land cannot be developed (ie. no permanent structures or roads may be built). Existing abandoned structures and roads may remain if approved by DNR.

During the life of the contract, landowners must follow the Conservation Plan of Operation and land cannot go back into row crops or agricultural uses. The landowners retain the right to recreational use of their property providing it does not negatively impact the practices or cover established.

The state CREP contract is attached to the land deed; thus, a producer who purchases land enrolled in an active state CREP contract is required to participate in the program or refund state money paid to date and incur other penalties.

Steps for a CREP Contract

  • To enroll in the CREP program contact a CREP Leader or local Farm Service Agency. CREP has a continuous enrollment process.
  • A site visit of the land you want to enroll in the program will be scheduled.
  • Land will be verified for eligibility and eligibility of conservation practices will be determined.
  • An implementation plan will be drafted by technical staff.
  • Landowner will be provided an analysis of rental payment, cost-share and incentive payments.
  • A formal contract will be drawn and signed at the Farm Service Agency office.
  • Contract has to be approved by FSA County Committee.
  • Sign a completed state CREP enrollment form.
  • CREP enrollment form will be sent to ISDA for approval.

CREP Leaders

Highland-Pigeon Watershed 
Linda Voglund

Lower East Fork White Watershed
Jennifer Rowland

Lower Wabash Watershed
Linda Voglund

Lower White Watershed
Don Ryan

Middle Wabash-Busseron Watershed
Dale Walker

Middle Wabash-Deer Watershed
Austin Green

Middle Wabash-Little Vermillion Watershed
Julie Morris

Tippecanoe Watershed
Chris Gardner

Upper East Fork White Watershed
Mark Thomas

Upper Wabash Watershed
Heath Hurst

Upper White Watershed
Matt Williams

 Top FAQs