Market Reporting Program
ISDA, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), launched Indiana’s Market Reporting Program in 2016, which provides market prices of dairy and beef cattle from various markets across the state. This information is published in a weekly report on the USDA Market News website and is intended to keep producers and agricultural businesses better informed about the value of their livestock.
Prior to this information being available, producers had difficulty when trying to compare the value of their livestock against the value of livestock sold in other markets, or in neighboring states. This caused some producers in Indiana to sell their products out of state where market price data is more easily obtainable. With this information now accessible to Hoosier farmers, the Market Reporting Program will help identify any price gaps between markets, creating an added layer of competition.
Currently, data is being gathered from the following livestock auctions and there is potential to expand to other high-volume markets in the future:
- Boswell Special Feeder Sales (Boswell)
- Indianapolis Stockyards (Rockville)
- Shipshewana Livestock Auction (Shipshewana)
- Springville Feeder Auction (Springville)
- Stony Pike Livestock Auction (Logansport)
- United Producers, Inc. (Vincennes)
- White River Valley Feeder Auction (Worthington)
- Rochester Sale Barn (Rochester)
Click the link below to view the reports.
Boswell, Shipshewana, Rochester
Rockville, Vincennes, Logansport, Springville, Worthington