Agency Main Banner Content
Indiana Agriculture Photo Contest
The Indiana Agriculture Photo Contest has been part of the department since 2008. These photos are a powerful testament of this hardworking community and the invaluable contributions of our Hoosier farmers. Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business in Indianapolis, as well as be special guests at this year’s Celebration of Agriculture at the Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized and presented a certificate by Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch.
Contestants can submit up to five photos in digital format. Each photo must be submitted under one of the following categories:
- On the Farm: Showcasing any building, piece of equipment or activity that is a part of life on an Indiana farm.
- Faces of Agriculture: Featuring those who grow and produce food, fuel and fiber in Indiana.
- Agritourism: Spotlighting Indiana’s seasonal and agricultural destinations, such as orchards, wineries and farmers markets.
- Conservation: Highlighting Indiana’s natural beauty with landscapes, water and wildlife.
In total, ten winners will be selected: two from each category and two overall.
Contest Rules and Submissions
- The photographer must be an Indiana resident.
- Photographs must be original work and taken in Indiana.
- Participants may submit up to 5 entries in digital form only (JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc.).
- Each photo must be accompanied by an entry form.
- If the subject of the photo is under the age of 18, the entry form MUST be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Photos that have been digitally altered, as determined by ISDA as going beyond standard optimization, will be disqualified.
- Photos will be evaluated based on creativity, composition and category representation.
- A photographer can only win one category per year.
- Entries must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on June 30, 2019.
- Fill out the entry form.
- Email your entry form(s) along with your photo(s) to PhotoContest@isda.IN.gov.
If you have questions regarding the Indiana Agriculture Photo Contest, please email PhotoContest@isda.IN.gov.