Section A/B begins approximately 0.3 miles west of the I-465/US 31 interchange and ends at the I-465/I-65 interchange.
The proposed work for Section A/B includes building auxiliary lanes with retaining walls on eastbound and westbound I-465, reconfiguring eastbound I-465 to the northbound US 31 exit ramp, extending the southbound US 31 to eastbound I-465 merge area, and extending the entrance lane from southbound US 31 to eastbound I-465.
The proposed work for Section A/B also includes the replacement of the Madison Avenue, Keystone Avenue, and Carson Avenue bridges.
Section C begins at the south end of the I-465/I-70 interchange and ends just west of the interchange with Mann Road. The proposed work for Section C includes added travel lanes along I-465, full depth pavement replacement at the shoulders and replacement of the Mooresville Road Bypass bridge.
Construction is scheduled to begin in 2021.
I-465 Reconfiguration Project Final Environmental Documents
The I-465 Reconfiguration project is an added capacity project with separate utility and its own environmental process; those documents are listed below. In order to leverage benefits of scale and schedule, the I-465 Reconfiguration project will be bundled with the I-69 Section 6 Contract 5 Design-Build-Best Value project for procurement and construction.
- Section 1: Report and Appendix A, pages 1-47, 2MB
- Section 2: Appendix B pages 48-111 17MB
- Section 3: Appendix B pages 112-153 17MB
- Section 4: Appendix C, D, E & F, pages 154-308, 11MB
- Section 5: Appendix G, pages 309-513, 18MB
- Section 6: Appendix H, I & J, pages 514-End, 10MB
- Reconfiguration I-465 Legal Notice of Public Hearing
- Public Hearing Announcement
- I-465 Reconfiguration Project Map
- I-465 Reconfiguration Typical Roadway Section
- I-465 Reconfiguration July 10 Open House Presentation
- I-465 Reconfiguration Map and Contact Handout
- I-465 Noise Barriers Meeting
- Public Hearing Packet
- Public Hearing Presentation