Do you want to play a pivotal role in building Indiana’s infrastructure? Do you want summer internships that give you real world experience and your manager takes an interest in your career? Would you like to test out several areas of civil engineering before you commit to a full time position? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply for the INDOT Engineering Scholarship program.
Each year INDOT offers a limited number of scholarships to engineering students who can make a lasting impact on Indiana’s infrastructure. Scholarship recipients receive $3,125 per semester and work in paid internships during the summer. After graduation, recipients receive priority hiring within the agency.
Scholarships can be applied toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering, or a combination of both. The scholarships cannot exceed five years total with a maximum of two years toward a graduate program. Recipients must work one year for each academic year they received the scholarship.
To apply, students must:
- Be currently enrolled or accepted into a School of Engineering at an Indiana ABET accredited college or university.
- Have completed at least one year of college level education or will complete one year of college by May 2021.
- Attend school full time.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Ideal candidates for the INDOT Engineering Scholarship are individuals who have:
- Desire to make an impact on their community and improve Indiana’s infrastructure.
- A positive attitude and are motivated to be successful.
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of their work.
Use the INDOT Civil Engineering Scholarship Application to apply for this program. Before submitting the application, verify the following:
- The 2-page application form is complete and legible. Please enter “N/A” if not applicable.
- Supporting documentation is attached to application, including:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Official academic transcript (or electronic distribution arranged)
- Additional document for short answers on application, if additional space needed
- Application is emailed or postmarked by December 31, 2021 or earlier.
Contact and Submission Information
Submit the application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below:
Talent Management - Engineering Scholarship
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N751
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Conditions of Scholarship
- Recipients must agree to work full time for INDOT during summer breaks while in school. After graduation, the recipient must work one year for each academic year for which the recipient has received the scholarship.
- Scholarship funds must be used for qualified educational expenses including tuition, fees, and books.
- A recipient could be required to repay all amounts actually received under the scholarship program if they fail to fulfill program requirements.
Questions? Send questions to email@example.com or call 317-234-7930.