Section A/B begins approximately 0.3 miles west of the I-465/US 31 interchange and ends at the I-465/I-65 interchange.
The proposed work for Section A/B includes building auxiliary lanes with retaining walls on eastbound and westbound I-465, reconfiguring eastbound I-465 to the northbound US 31 exit ramp, extending the southbound US 31 to eastbound I-465 merge area, and extending the entrance lane from southbound US 31 to eastbound I-465.
The proposed work for Section A/B also includes the replacement of the Madison Avenue, Keystone Avenue, and Carson Avenue bridges.
Section C begins at the south end of the I-465/I-70 interchange and ends just west of the interchange with Mann Road. The proposed work for Section C includes added travel lanes along I-465, full depth pavement replacement at the shoulders and replacement of the Mooresville Road Bypass bridge.
Construction is scheduled to begin in 2021.
- Reconfiguration I-465 Legal Notice of Public Hearing
- Public Hearing Announcement
- Enviromental Document
- I-465 Reconfiguration Project Map
- I-465 Reconfiguration Typical Roadway Section
- I-465 Reconfiguration July 10 Open House Presentation
- I-465 Reconfiguration Map and Contact Handout
- I-465 Noise Barriers Meeting
- Public Hearing Packet
- Public Hearing Presentation