School employees have the right to form and join school employee organizations and participate in collective bargaining through an exclusive representative of their choosing in order to establish, maintain or improve salaries wages and salary and wage related fringe benefits. Ind. Code § 20-29-4-1. IEERB oversees the process by which bargaining units and exclusive representatives are established. IEERB also notifies school employees when the school’s current exclusive representative does not represent a majority of the school employees in the school.
These Guides and Sample Documents are published to assist school employees, school employers and school employee organizations navigate representation procedures.
Changing the Bargaining Units
- Guide to Changing the Bargaining Unit
- Notice for Agreed Unit Change
- Formal Request for Certification of Agreed Unit Change
- Petition for Disputed Unit Amendment
- Notice of Disputed Unit Amendment
- Complaint by Affected School Employee
Changing/Establishing the Exclusive Representative
- Guide to Changing or Establishing the Exclusive Representative
- Petition for Representation and/or Decertification
- Showing of Interest
- Notice of Pending Representation Petition
Exclusive Representative Affidavit
Transformation Zone and Muncie Schools